The Most Commonly Asked Questions About Black Dating Sites
Looking to find that special someone but not sure where to look? It’s time to give online dating a shot.
Finding love using a Black dating site may be a little daunting at first but that's exactly where Black dating sites come in. They help you find love according to exactly what you're looking for. Before signing up to a Black dating site, it's best to have a clear understanding of what the site offers and to make sure that it has a good reputation. We've compared the best Black online dating sites and answered some of the most commonly asked questions in order to help you find the best one for you.
What Are Black Dating Sites?
Black dating sites are dating websites and/or apps that connect like-minded Black singles. There are two distinct types of services in this respect. One is very specifically geared towards Black singles, with sites that have members almost exclusively from the Black community. Some examples of these Black dating sites are BlackPeopleMeet and BlackCupid.
The second type of Black dating site is more general with a more diverse audice. These are top rated dating sites like match.com, Zoosk, and more. These are sites where people of any race or ethnicity can meet, Black singles included. These websites typically have an option to sort by race/ethnicity, so Black singles will be able to filter results in such a way that they’ll only see other Black singles.
How do I Join a Black Dating Site?
Joining a Black dating site is usually very straightforward. The first step you should take is to research the best Black dating sites available and compare them on the basis of price, compatibility, functionality, and user base. For example, some sites may be cheaper than others, while the top Black dating sites will may be expensive but have a very desirable user base.
After you’ve chosen which site you want to use, you’ll have to sign up and make an account. This will usually require an email address or phone number and some basic personal information, like your name, gender, orientation, location, etc. You’ll never be asked for something like your Social Security Number. If it's a paid site, it's unlikely that they will ask for your preferred payment method immediately. Most sites are free to join, but require a paid account to unlock the advanced features.
After that’s done, all you have to do is upload some photos of yourself, answer the site's questionnaires, and start browsing for potential matches!
Can Anyone Join a Black Dating Site?
Technically, yes. Anyone can join a black dating site, even if they’re not Black themselves. Having said that, if you’re not Black and you do join a dating site that explicitly caters to Black people, it’s unlikely that you’ll get as much out of it as a Black person would. Other users are, most likely, only looking for other Black singles.
On the other hand, more general site like match.com have millions of users of all races, ethnicities, and religions from all over the world. Again, research a bevy of sites before joining one to make sure that it fits what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for the best Black dating site, take the time to find it.
Are There Free Black Dating Sites?
Again, technically yes. There are some Black dating sites that are totally free, and in fact, most sites are free to sign up. Having said that, the sites that are totally free are usually low quality and difficult to use. When it comes to Black dating sites (and all dating sites in general) you get what you pay for. Paid sites will almost always provide better matchmaking tools and a user base who is more serious about finding a companion. You’re looking for high quality matches, right? You should be willing to pay to find them. Many people will sign up for a well known site for free to test it out, like a trial period, and then will end up paying for the full service.
What Are the Top 5 Black Dating Sites?
The best Black dating site for you will depend on many factors, including but not limited to: price, location, age, and sexual orientation. Perhaps most importantly, the best Black dating site for you may depend on the user base and whether it’s predominantly Black or not. If you are looking to exclusively date Black singles then that will also help determine which site is best for you.
In the text below, we discuss some of the features and capabilities of 5 of the top-rates Black dating sites.
• BlackPeopleMeet: This site markets itself as the premier dating service for Black singles. There are two tiers of membership on BlackPeopleMeet. You can start off with a free trial with the option to upgrade to a subscription of $14.95 per month. If you choose to subscribe for a longer period of time, the price will go down.
• Zoosk: Zoosk is an international online dating service available in 25 languages and in about 80 countries. It doesn’t specify a race or ethnicity, so there will be many races and ethnicities using the site. Zoosk, like many other apps and sites, offers its service on a subscription basis. A 1-month membership will cost $29.95. The price goes down the longer the subscription so that a 3-month membership will be $19.98 per month and a 6-month membership will be $12.49 per month.
• Match.com: Match is basically the Tinder of long-term dating. It’s free to register, though you’ll have to pay to access some of the advanced features. You’ll be able to create a profile and then view other users’ profile based on age, sex, location, and more. Match does not cater to a specific race, but you will be able to filter for Black singles if you choose to.
• OurTime: This website caters to older singles, with typical users ranging from 50-80. Users can create a profile and search for potential matches according to zip code. This allows users to see who is closest and make a decision on who to initiate contact with. OurTime also has an app that is free to download but will require a paid plant to truly enjoy. It isn’t explicitly for older Black singles, but you’ll be able to filter by race.
• OkCupid: This is one of the oldest and most widely used sites. It doesn’t cater to any race in particular, though paid users will be able to narrow their search for Black singles. It’s free to sign up and advanced features (like filtering by race) are based on a monthly subscription.