What's the first thing that pops into your head when you think of a first date? It might be dinner at your favorite restaurant or drinks at a local café or bar. But in the dating world, standing out is key, and a fun and innovative first date often determines whether or not there's a second date. Below, we have summarized 10 innovative ideas that can truly make your 1st date a memorable and enjoyable experience.
1) Head to the beach: If you are lucky enough to live near a beach, a sunset stroll and picnic can provide a beautiful and romantic to connect with your date. Pack a bag beforehand and consider bringing some fun activities like a frisbee or a kite.
2) Attend a carnival: Carnivals aren't just for kids. Yes! We mean it. Taking your date to a carnival can be an extremely fun experience that neither of you will soon forget. Sharing cotton candy or fooling around with carnival games is something that could add an extra pinch of love to the already romantic mood.
3) Try rock climbing: Perfect for adventurous and athletic dates, rock climbing gives you the chance to undergo an ultimate survival test and is sure to bring you both a lot closer. Imagine being suspended by a harness from great heights and reaching out to your date for help.
4) Enroll for a dancing session: Romantic is definitely the word that comes to mind when thinking of couples dance. Consider surprising your date with a couples' dance lesson and even though your partner may be shy at first, a cozy dance session can work wonders. It will definitely bring a smile to your partner’s face.
5) Go horseback riding: Besides being insanely fun, horseback riding lets you feel like you are living in a fairy tale. An afternoon spent trotting amidst the serenity of nature can truly leave your partner mesmerized.
6) Mini-golf: Unlike bowling where you and your partner need to stand in different areas during play, mini-golf can be a great bonding activity. You and your date will work together to navigate the course and discuss the best angles and strategies.
7)Visit a planetarium: What's better than a romantic evening while staring at the stars? In bigger cities, this isn't really possible, but a planetarium gives you that option and so much more.
8) Go for a nature walk: If the weather is right and your date is up for it a scenic nature walk will offer plenty of natural sights and beauty.
9) Check out a jazz club: If live music is your thing (and even if it isn't) a jazz club with live music can be an amazing experience. The lively jazz music will add an extra bit of romance to your ears.
10) Browse an art gallery: Nothing sparks stimulating conversation quite like art. Why not check out a local gallery and soak in the culture.