Most Commonly Asked Questions About Matchmaking Services
Looking for that ever elusive love connection and tired of the regular dating sites and/or apps? Over the past few years, online dating sites have become better and better at providing matchmaking services making it even easier to find meaningful connections.
Want to start using a matchmaking service but not sure where to start? You've come to the right place! In addition to our in-depth reviews we answer some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to matchmaking services.
What is Matchmaking?
For most of human history, matchmakers have helped connect potential romantic partners. In the past, many cultures had a local professional matchmaker who would consult with and advise singles, matching them with a suitable partner. Sometimes this could even involve arranged marriages or using astrology to figure out if two people would make a good match.
Clearly, a lot has changed in many parts of the world. While some people still rely on matchmakers in the traditional sense, the role of the matchmaker has also evolved. Today, singles can turn to online services to find a matchmaker for help in finding that special someone. The best matchmaking site will collect information from each member. Then, using technology and personality tests, will set up dates between compatible people.
How Does Matchmaking work?
In the past, matchmakers would rely on different systems to figure out whether two people would match up. In ancient times, matchmakers might have used things like astrology to determine suitable matches. Other matchmakers might consider each person’s education level or a family’s social status to match a couple.
Today, matchmaking looks at a range of parameters to link up potential matches such as a person’s values, interests, personality traits, religious beliefs, political affiliation, and dating preferences. They will also consider if each person shares the same future goals such as whether or not someone wants children or marriage.
Of course, when it comes to a romantic relationship, compatibility will also depend on physical attributes. Matchmakers will often ask the person about “their type” like if they prefer brunettes, blondes, or redheads or other qualities like physique, eye color, ethnicity, and so on.
The best online matchmaking website should also consider a person’s social, professional, and education background. Some specialized services only accept members of a certain age, who make a certain level of income, or who have a college degree. Of course, this parameter will mean different things to each person. Some may consider things like age, a college degree, or income very important while others may not.
All of these factors come into play when it comes to matchmaking. The best matchmaking website will consider all of these parameters in order to ensure a high success rate with turning singles into happy couples.
What are the Different Types of Matchmaking Sites?
Each online matchmaking site has different methods of setting up their clients with potential matches. Basic online dating services may simply give members the chance to sign up for free, create a profile, and search through other member profiles to find dates on their own.
The best matchmaking website will assist members in suggesting or setting them up with compatible matches. Some may do so with a guided questionnaire that each member fills out. Then the best matchmaking services use algorithms to set up members with highly compatible matches.
Those looking for a more personalized experience can rely on traditional methods. In these cases, an online company will recruit a team of professional matchmakers. Members will work one on one with their matchmaker, either in person, over the phone, or via the internet. Then, the matchmaker will use their experience and talent to set up dates with highly compatible matches.
Who can Matchmaking Services Help?
They say there are plenty of fish in the sea. Well, perhaps that’s what makes dating so difficult. For many singles, trying to find the right person requires meeting a lot of fish. That can take up a lot of time, time that many hard-working people just don’t have.
The best matchmaking services speed up the dating process and help singles find compatible matches. With online dating services, members can connect with other singles conveniently from their computer or through a mobile app.
Those who haven’t dated in a long time can get advice and guidance from matchmaking services. Meanwhile, those who haven’t benefited from meeting people out in bars or through friends can turn to online dating services as a way to connect with compatible singles.
What are the Top 5 Matchmaking Sites?
The top matchmaking site for you may not be the top matchmaking site for someone else. It really depends on several factors including age, location, whether you are looking for something serious or casual, and many other factors. In the text below we outline 5 of the best matchmaker sites and discuss some of their main features.
- Zoosk: As one of the leading online dating platforms, Zoosk takes a unique approach to matchmaking. Considered by many as the best matchmaking site, Zoosk relies on a state-of-the-art behavioral matchmaking engine to find compatible matches for each member. Their algorithms look at factors like behavior and preferences. Best of all, by joining, you won’t have to fill out a long questionnaire. The system trains to learn your interests and likes based on your activities on their site.
- Elite Singles: This exclusive online dating platform is geared towards members who fit a certain criteria. The dating service specializes in connecting well-educated, mature singles with other like-minded matches. Elite Singles online dating caters to professionals and academics, mostly ages 30-50, looking for love.
- Match: Match.com has been around for quite some time and stands out as one of the oldest online matchmaking services. Today, Match online dating boasts over 30 million members and has a high success rate thanks to their reliable matching algorithm.
- Our Time: Dating is never easy, especially with love on the line. Mature singles in their 50s and 60s enjoy a tailored online dating platform with Our Time. Their matchmaking process combines algorithms and questionnaires to connect potential matches.
- Silver Singles: Similar to Our Time, Silver Singles online dating caters to senior singles ages 50 and up looking for friendship, dating, or marriage. Members create in-depth profiles to help find potential matches who have similar values and interests.